Who am I?
MY NAME IS LIZZIE, A SOUL OF THE WOODS AND THE WAVES.
I am a nature connection guide, EcoNIDRA teacher, poet, artist and outdoor practitioner living in the South-West of England.
I have been enchanted by nature from a young age and fell in love with the living world – from the heights of the oak trees to the depths of the Ocean.
FOR ME, NATURE IS AN INSPIRATION, A TEACHER AND A HEALER.
Throughout my life I have been drawn to the natural world for creative inspiration when I have felt drained, for wisdom when I have felt lost and for comfort when the pressure of modern, fast-paced living overwhelms me.
For the last 10 years I have gathered experience in environmental education, conservation, well-being and working as an advocate for nature.
FOUNDED IN JULY 2021, SEAWYLD GREW From 10+ YEARS OF LEARNING AND WORKING ALONGSIDE NATURE.
SeaWyld provides spaces, tools and support for people to discover their unique connection to nature.
In addition to my independent work, I use my knowledge, experience and passion to support the growth of communities and projects with nature connection and kindness at their core.
My Aims Are…
- To provides spaces, tools and support for people to discover their unique connection to nature.
- To make my offerings as accessible as possible by offering subsidised spaces and making adjustments where needed.
- To use my knowledge, experience and passion to support the growth of communities and projects with nature connection and kindness at their core.
My Vision is that…
- Every human is able to develop a strong, unique and nurturing connection to the natural world
- As a species we can work together to support and nourish our Planet and the nature beings we share it with
- We create a world with thriving communities bonded by connection to self, shared vision, nature and kindness.
My VAlues are to embody and to encourage…
Nature focused living, community building, kindness, accessibility, equality, environmental awareness, gentleness and optimism.
My Learning Journey
- Trauma Informed Practice – Plymouth Safeguarding Children Partnership, February 2023.
- Shamanic Medicine Wheels Course– Phoenix Wings Crystals, February 2023.
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling (Level 3) – Heartwood Counselling & Psychotherapy, April 2021 – March 2022.
- EcoNIDRA™ Practioner Training – EcoNIDRA™, October 2021 – January 2022.
- Natural Mindfulness Guide –Natural Mindfulness, September 2021.
- Threshold Course in Ecopsychology & Nature Based Practice – Natural Academy, August 2021.
- Nature Connectedness: For A New Relationship with Nature – University of Derby , June 2021.
- Mental Health First Aid & Mental Health Advocacy In the Workplace (CACHE Level 2) – Learning Curve Group, May 2021
- Forest School Leader (OCN Level 3) – Newquay Forest School, 2017 – 2018.
- Environmental Consultancy – (MSc dist.) – University of Plymouth, 2014 – 2015.
- Marine Biology & Coastal Ecology (BSc hons) – University of Plymouth, 2011-2014.